Sport Specific Training
This service is for those looking to increase their sporting performance or training for a sports event (eg. a marathon, a fun run, a cycle race).Alison's qualifications & experience:
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise majoring in coaching.
- XLR8 trainer certifications - speed and agility.
- New Zealand representation in 3 different codes (Rowing, beach volleyball, rhythmical gymnastics).
- University papers in Sports Psychology at Post-grad level.
- We design a sport-specific and individualised training program to help you get there in time.
- We work out a schedule of personal training sessions that help achieve this before your deadline.
- We can train you at your home or work.
- We bring the trainer and the equipment to you.
We can collaborate with a former High Performance Sport NZ Nutritionist to offer you sport specific nutrition advice as a bolt on. We also have access to the Avantidrome gym and the added equipment that can provide for sports specific training.
Storey Sport Athletes
- Strength, Conditioning and Psych coach - Cheree Kinnear, NZ Womens Open Archery Champion 2019
- S&C coach - Alexandra Whitley, First female on the podium, NZV8 utes 2018
- Strength, Conditioning and Psych coach - Nick Ross, NZV8 Champion 2014
- Strength & Conditioning - World Ranked Barefoot water skier
- Core strengthening and race nutrition - Age Group ITU Triathlete
- Strength programmes & Sport Psychology - NZL Rowing Junior Triallists
- Strength & Conditioning - World Junior Waterski Bronze Medallist
- S&C, Psych and Athlete Management - NZL Beach Volleyball Team 2013
- Nutrition consultant - Northern Districts Cricket/Northern Knights
- Speed & Agility coaching - Under 18 Waikato Hockey rep
- Strength & Conditioning - National level Waka Ama athletes
- Strength & Conditioning, Sports Psych & Nutrition - World Champion Mounted Games
- Speed, quickness, agility and conditioning coach - Waikato Rugby 7s squad member
In 2015 Storey Sport was appointed as the official Strength and Conditioning Coach for Archery New Zealand.
I have fulfilled a life goal and I just wanted to say thank you for your encouragement and support in getting me there. My training was so on the mark for getting me to where I needed to be. I coped really well with hydration, nutrition and being in the zone. So a huge thank you guys
I think you won Personal Trainer of the Year because of the incredible professional business you run, and the ability you give your clients to believe they can achieve at levels they don't dare dream about until you explode into their lives."